Who doesn’t want to feel good in one’s own skin? Good-looking skin is one of the most desirable features. This incessant desire for smooth, young and glowing skin led to an explosion of cosmetic products. But can cosmetic treatments correct your skin problems? The more important concern is that if they give you a long-lasting and safe solution. Cosmetic treatments like botox and dermal fillers often come with major drawbacks. These can cause hives, rashes or itching.
Can you treat your skin problems safely and naturally?
Yes, you can. Homeopathy can be your safer alternative as it takes a constitutional approach to address your skin problems. It treats the root cause and avoids the suppression of symptoms. Homeopathic medicines address your skin problems based on your individual needs and help you deal with them safely and effectively. For instance, if you have complaints of dry skin and have cracks on your tongue, homeopathic remedy Nat Mur can treat your condition. Do you have brittle, splitting nails, wrinkles, furrows, white scales or cracked lips? Then you may be prescribed with homeopathic remedy containing Calcium Flouride salt.
Advantages of homeopathy treatment
Here are some of the advantages of homeopathy treatment for skin problems.
- Addresses underlying conditions
Homeopathic medicine is prescribed only after taking the detailed case history. So, the underlying emotional concerns like stress, anxiety issues can be effectively treated.
- Long-lasting treatment
Homeopathy effectively provides relief from skin conditions and prevents them from coming back. It provides remedies matching an individual’s physical, emotional, genetic and medical conditions rather than providing a common treatment for a specific set of symptoms.
- Excellent for eliminating chronic conditions
Often, the cause of a skin allergy is the hyperactive immune response of our body. In homeopathy, instead of treating the symptoms of skin allergy, it treats the very basic cause of the problem and sets the immune system right. Once the immunity is in order and stops over reacting, the skin allergy is treated. This is where homeopathy has an advantage over other branches of medicine. Homeopathy treatment does not believe in suppressing the skin disease. It treats the root cause.
- Doesn’t have any side-effects
Another advantage of seeking homeopathy treatment for skin problems is that you don’t have to experience any side-effects. Homeopathic medicines don’t contain any toxic substances.
- Doesn’t have any negative impact on your immunity
Unlike allopathic medications, homeopathic medicines don’t harm the immune system of your body. They have a gentle effect on your body. Also, these medicines are responsible for the stimulation of your body’s self-healing mechanism. This adds to its efficacy against diseases like eczema.
- Affordable and non-addictive
Homeopathic medicines are available at low prices and can be stored for a long time without affecting their efficiency. Moreover, they aren’t addictive. Once you recover from any skin disease, you can stop taking them easily.
- No scarring
Skin grafts could cause scarring. But homeopathic medicines treat without causing any scarring.
- Suitable for children as well
Children take homeopathic medicines without any hesitation, as they are sweet unlike bitter conventional medicines. They are also safe for children.
Do you suffer from any skin problem? Visit your nearest skin clinic and consult your skin doctor for an evaluation. He or she will be able to help you determine the root cause. Over time, you will be able to have healthy, glowing and blemish-free skin.
- Long hot baths strip away natural oils from your skin. This makes your skin dry. Reduce your bath time and use lukewarm water.
- Follow your cleansing routine with a thicker moisturizer and use serums and/or facial oils.
- Moisturize your body just as you moisturize your face. Moisturizing shower gels are a great option.
- Drink plenty of water and eat well. Incorporate leafy greens, pomegranate, eggs etc. to your diet. If you are not nourishing and hydrating your body from the inside, skincare products won’t be able to help you on their own.
- Mixing facial oil/moisturizer with your foundation can help keep your makeup in place without drying your skin out.
- Use ghee on dry-chapped lips. Use it as an overnight lip mask and wake up to healthy, hydrated and supple lips. Its fatty acids help in conditioning and nourishing your lips.
- Add a humidifier to retain the moisture in the air. This prevents your skin from drying.
- A little sun is good for your skin as it gets you the vitamin D that your body needs. Nevertheless, an overexposure to the harmful UV rays can damage your delicate skin cells. Always apply sunscreen lotion and cover your skin when outdoors. Avoid the sun rays between noon and 4:00 PM. This is when the sun is at its severest form.